Monday, June 26, 2023

Daisy Daisy Daisies...

It is that time of the year when the Ox Eye Daisies bloom. They really are pests in the pasture because the mules won't eat them. I do chop them down in one of the smaller paddocks, but their are gazillions of them across the fence line and some days I feel like it is a losing battle.
However they do make for nice wild flower photos.

I do love capturing them in the early morning light...


 Sometimes I am lucky enough to see them before the sun is high enough to light up the whole plant.



The dew drops on the white petals and their happy bright yellow centers make me stop to admire them.



Then there is the 'daisy' looking flower with the horrid name of Fleabane. Before I knew its name, I called it Wild Daisy. I know it isn't the right name, but --- do they really deserve such an ugly name?

 I saw these while hiking to the creek [well the creek is mostly dry]. 



And then. The sun beams through the mist as the light shines through the trees to light up the forest that surrounds the creek. It is easily at least 10 degrees cooler in this part of the valley. Well, that is until the midday sun shines down on it. 
Now the creek bottom is Hot during the day with little or no breeze.




After my fence inspections were complete, I walked back home.
Interesting to note that this huge mess of thistles I cut down last week were gone!




Apparently they wilted to just right to make them Mule-ishious!
Go figure. 


Enjoy your day... and pick a daisy!




5 comments:

  1. Lovin' your backlit flower photos!! That was nice of you to prep the thistles for your mules ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A daisy a day! That song is now running through my head. I have some clumps of daisies that flower twice a year and this week is the first week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The daisies are pretty. I've turned into a late morning person, completely opposite of what I used to be. I had a mare that would delicately plush the thistle flower from the stem and eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisies are so cheerful! We have lots here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost all of mine which seems impossible. I know they are tough but I must have pulled them in the fall thinking they were weeds. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.