Friday, July 24, 2020

I'm going to have nightmares....

It's been a while since I messed around with fractals and abstract art.

Probably a bit too long since I've forgotten how to do some of these old strange and wonderful creations.

Well, not really. I do know how to do it. I just forgot which were my favorite formulas and I used to have fun 'tweaking' other artists' shared formulas for little challenges and pongs to see what we could do to each other's art.




So today I spoke to a good friend on the phone. I'd sent his wife a link to a nice farmhouse in our area that was for sale.

Just for giggles, as they always wished they could move here and one day that may be possible.
I'd noted on FB that they must have been on a second vacation from the photos of the places they'd been.

So I asked if they'd been on vacation. 

Nope, he told me. They were under quarantine.

Hmmm?

Well they'd been with other family members and those members tested positive with symptoms. But weak symptoms.
Nothing serious. So he and his family had been exposed and were tested.

His daughter's tests came back in 3 days and they were negative. His wife just got a negative result and his was still out.
So they had been told to quarantine for 14 days either way because of the exposure.

Slap me if I am wrong. But what is the definition of a Quarantine?

This person continued chatting and telling me of all the parks they decided to go visit and see. They were careful mind you, of course, to not go into crowds.


Bahhhhh!
All I could see in my brain as I stared out at the dense fog over the pasture was ...

COVID virus monsters!

[This is a fractal I had created about 4 years ago...edited with Deepdream]

I think I stood there with a loss of words. Not wanting to offend my friend, I just remained silent while questions ran through my head.

Precautions?
Wait? Did you distance? Did you wear masks? How sick were they? Who else???

Breakdown...


I really couldn't say anything. I was so stunned and perplexed.

He went on to tell me that one relative was bedridden but came out of it, another was just tired, and it must not be a big deal cuz most people just are fine.


And then I thought ... uh huh. I nodded my head slowly, very slowly and stared again at the fog.

Um.

I changed the subject ~~~~all sorts of things were bouncing around in my head that I wanted to say
...no shout 
but
really
it would fall on deaf ears.

This person has had a brush with Covid-19 and it hasn't affected him yet. So obviously it isn't a big deal.

That weighed on my mind most of the day.  

And in the headlines?

Texas is looking for refrigerator trucks to store dead bodies. Their hospitals look like war zones....


I did some artistic stuff to another image, but since it is pretty disturbing [and it is meant to be], I'm not posting it to the blog.

So to remind myself that there are good people and good things in this world I post this instead.

I will think of unicorns....



Last note. On FB my coach shared a letter written by someone regarding how people could avoid become ill if only they would exercise and eat properly. The discussion that followed seem to want to blame deaths on fat shaming, diabetes, and other health issues that the posters felt everyone should be able to control.
I don't think the coach meant for things to go that way in the discussion, but ....
I find that a very narrow view on humanity. And human health.

We are all different...

Bleh!

And now I need a Unicorn AND a Rainbow!


I'm becoming more and more interested in becoming a hermit.
Nuff
said.

4 comments:

  1. Quarantine should mean stay at home! We have a friend who had a double lung transplant 10 years ago. She was in Florida when she went home to Canada...she self quarantined there for 14 days...had friends grocery shop for her and drop them off at the front step. Finally after two weeks she is able to see her transplant Dr.
    People are just nuts out there...scary times. We would be hermits except for Infusion Day...and if the Nurses get sick they will close the Infusion Center...that is really scary :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to see common sense used. I can recall my father's mother telling me that the year my father was born...if you were in Quarantine, you were arrested for leavin your house.
      When I Quarantine an animal it does not mingle in the same geographical area [pasture] with others. It hates it...but it deals with it.
      I sure hope things go well at the Infusion Center.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Yup, quarantine should mean stay at home. It does NOT mean go out to public places and expose others to a deadly disease just because your relatives didn't end up on a ventilator or die - other people's relatives might not be so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At LEAST wait until all the tests come back. This is the mentality that is allowing the virus to spread like wildfire. Of course, those without patience.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.