Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Meanwhile....



Remember last week when I said I lost a Teddy Bear in the Flash Flood?

I found him! 
1/4 of a mile from where he was perched on a large old oak log.

If only he could talk! Did he travel through one of the culverts? Or wash around it?
In the winter, this is a snowmobile crossing.
In the very top left of the photo[below]...Charlie stands on the bank of the creek while I fetch the Teddy Bear.

So there!
All toys have been recovered!


Next. The dreaded Japanese Beetle. 
I really dislike them. Every morning, I wander my flower and veggie garden with a bucket of soapy water and knock these buggers into the mix. I'd love to spray them with a soap/water sprayer, but I don't have an empty sprayer available...yet.

I may purchase one next time I get to town.

Nasty little things.
But I admit, they are sort of pretty in a way.
I think they are busy making more beetles here...ewwwwww......



Then on to the garden afterwards while Rich mowed a section of the yard.
Green beans!
Yellow beans!

I picked them and got some ready for freezing and dehydrating along with potatoes I am dehydrating.
Why potatoes?

From March to June potatoes were scarce in the store. So I purchased some from another gardener and will see how dehydration works out. After all, they will come in handy in soups and stews.

I also gathered Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, [I wanted to add Thyme...you know, that SONG is in my head now!] and Basil leaves to dehydrate.

The onions are almost ready and they too will get cut up and dehydrated.








3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Very nice that Teddy Bear was recovered and can continue to play the hide and seek game with the neighbors. I don't make my dehydrated potatoes but buy the dehydrated shredded hash browns. I use them in hot dishes and soups as well as frying them for breakfast so I think you will enjoy having them on hand during the spring months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fun finding the bear. Oddly enough, the kids haven't been down in a month so I'm just biding my time chasing down toys in the creek. It has been unbearably hot and muggy here so it wouldn't have been much fun anyway.

      Delete
  2. Some people can potatoes...I never have. Dehydrating should work in soups just fine! You had a good outing finding all the toys!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.