Monday, July 20, 2020

Just stuff.




So here is a quick couple of shots of the new part of my flower garden and it is coming into its full beauty right now.


There is the sleeping dragon 
looking quite content...


....and a stink bug resting in the
early morning on a
sunflower


Charlie and I took a long hike on Sunday and lo and behold! We found the lost Teddy Bear at the snowmobile crossing that had washed out!
This bear washed downstream and avoided tangles until it was forced into a narrow area and got hung up in roots!

Success! All toys recovered from the flash flood!

Last night I couldn't sleep so instead I went to see if I could capture the comet everyone is talking about. I'd failed before more than once. I'm still experimenting with night shots.

Here is the one half decent shot I did get before clouds moved in on the horizon.


The photo was done in with the infrared camera which is supposed to be able to pick up more light when used without filters.
I didn't use a great lens for this, as it was an experiment. But I am satisfied that I did get a photo of the historic event.
I may try again. This was taken in the mules pasture.

Then I went for the other camera with the nice wide angle lens and fast aperture.

Yippee! I sort of did it!
The milky way with clouds moving in.
If I take a nap today after gardening, I can try this again tomorrow night.





I felt happier that I was near the mules while taking some of these shots. 
The coyotes were having a field day howling and yipping through the woods below me!

I may sit down and do some studying or watch an Olympus Tutorial on shooting this in better preparation for trying this again.

Well, off I go to another day of gardening and other fun things.
I need some fresh potatoes and fruit. 

I'm really beginning to dread going into stores.

Have a wonderful day.
Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I want to see that ☄️ comet but dark skies are hard to come by in my immediate area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been cloudy every evening as storms move in so I have missed it. I have to get in the vehicle and drive out to a location where I can see the sky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:34 PM

    Beautiful addition to your gardens and great shots of the comet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.