Saturday, July 18, 2020

Into the unknown...

Okay, it feels like that.

Things in that outside world ... outside of our Isolated Farm are changing rapidly.



So I'm not even sure what to write about now. 
Walmart and other large retailers are now requiring masks. I think it is amazing that retail companies have to do this when the people who are leading our country can't.

Why the big fight? It perplexes me. 
Our infection rate in our county is jumping. I thought it would happen. 

Ahhh. But death and disease are inevitable right? No one gets out of this life alive.
I'm just not ready to go yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a huge Gully Washer two days ago. 
2 inches of rain that fell 3 days after another 2 inches fell on Friday.

 Above~ Tracks left in the mud.

The calm after the wash.
I can actually walk down through here now!

The amazing power of a flash
flood.

The Toy Truck was washed down
stream about 50 yards.

In this shot, the stream 
is actually on the left side of
the photo.

My favorite spot.
The rush did move some logs
that were in the stream.
And re-arranged piles of
sand and large rocks.

The Teddy Bear who was high above the stream was lost! I'll mount a search and rescue for it perhaps on Sunday. Our heat index on Saturday will be well above 100 degrees.

So on to some fun items.
I picked a 3 gallon bucket full of green beans. The plants dislike me. My arms itch like crazy while picking. However I blanched them early this morning before the sun came up and packaged them. Another 10 meals with green beans stuck away in the freezer!

I finally got out with my neighbor friend for a bicycle ride again. It was a really nice day for it.

Here he is putting his pedal
back on. It kept coming loose.

I finally used an app on my smart phone to record our distance. We rode 9 miles. Nothing to write home about, but it was a nice ride and we stopped to look at flowers and admire beautiful things.


When we finished, we stood in the shade and each of us had a cool drink. We had just commented on how we hadn't seen another person when another truck pulled up. After that person with his 3 kids left, 2 more vehicles came.
The last woman rolled down her window and was rather rude.

"When are you going to leave?" was the first thing out of her mouth. Bill was looking for his keys [brain fart! I told him to check the tool bag on his bike]. I had my keys in my hand.

My immediate response was to say, "Wow lady, nice of you to ask." But I didn't. I had the power to ignore her and make her back out and find another spot to park. But I didn't.

I offered to pull my vehicle out of the way and she didn't even bother to say thank you.
Funny. I would have expected it from some sort of young punk, but she was my age. 

I was polite and wished her a nice ride to which she told us what a great bicyclist she was and how good she was at hills.

I glanced at Bill who had now found his keys. Bill and I are CrossFit crazy old farts and we rarely can do the two major hills without a break on this particular trail.


I smiled and waved.

Has this world really come to this, where people are rude and crass and just demand things?
I have no idea why her behavior struck me as so wrong.







3 comments:

  1. Some people are just crazy...I think the virus has them all messed up even if they are healthy:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can all have a positive or negative effect on each other with the words and manner in which we do things.Too bad some are stuck on the dark side.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.