Sunday, January 17, 2021

Hot Cocoa & Making Friends

Sometimes I get a notion and just go with it. 
Chores were done hubby was napping and Charlie was looking for his early afternoon walk. 
It was dreary and overcast.

So I had a notion to try something with one of the Teddy Bears.  


Off we went.

It was cold and damp in the valley so I decided to stop and have some Hot Cocoa.

The past 10 months haven't been easy. Isolation makes a person feel a bit lonely. 

I asked Bear to join me.
He didn't complain.


Bear may not be the best conversationalist but I can tell him anything and he won't tell my secrets. He says he can keep mum. That's the sign of a very good friend.

I tell him I like poetry and I adore the woods. He points out that bears like woods too but he could try to like poetry.
We drink Hot Cocoa and listen to the creek making music over the rocks behind us. It is okay. 


We just sit and watch as Charlie trots around smelling things under the snow.

I ask Bear if he knows Winnie the Pooh. He tells me of course he does. I smile and  think of Winnie the Pooh. Bear is quiet.

When it's time to leave the valley Bear asks for a favor.

I consider it, and then decide it is only fair.



After all, he is such a nice new friend.


6 comments:

  1. You had a good outing! The photos are awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an experiment that actually became something a bit more. I wished to have better backrounds that were not so busy. But I am always experimenting.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Glad you had such a peaceful day with a good friend. Bear looks very content to be riding in your backpack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can be my Winnie the Pooh. :)

      Delete
  3. What a sweet introspective post!! Each and every one of these photos tell and add to your story perfectly. The sepia enhances the feel and narrative. I am blown away with your creative "think through" and that you can just whip an entire well-done post up like this. Guess I just love all of it, and can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My father was a word master and story teller. Sometimes stuff just presents itself and bang, there it is.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.