Monday, January 25, 2021

I like hats. Hats.





If I could have been and Indian Brave, I would have been. They had cool hats.




 I've always been a Hat person. I love hats. 


Many times my parents would let me dress in whatever I wanted to go out and play.
I think my mom took away that red furry thing on my head eventually. She thought it was nasty. I thought it fit me perfectly. I was more of a Wild Thing than a child.

I loved that nasty scrap of fur on my head. It disappeared.

Sometimes people gave me hats and I'd wear them a bit, but I always liked picking my own.



My Skunk Hat is my most prized hat. Rich bought it for me for Christmas.


And I have my fall/spring hat.


Or my Fox Hat with a Tail. I love having a tail on a hat. This hat is for subzero weather.


My chores hat.
I've nearly worn this one out. When I hold it up to the light I can almost see through it.

If you are wondering why I don't wear stocking caps ... I just don't like them.

I went to replace this hat and darn it.
I could only get this style in white. Not my choice, but it is warm.



A fall/spring hat that is just fun. It keeps the hair from getting in my face. My go to town hat. I can pretend to be fancy.


And then my super warm Mongolian [not real fur] hat. I wore this instead of the Fox hat while hiking the Reserve. Rich always points out that hunters might see the fur as something to shoot at. 

I wore this in very cold weather with some wicked wind chills.
This week this is my favorite hat.


For summer? I have a collection of Baseball caps. My favorite one used to be a black plain hat that has faded to some ugly brown now.

Look at it this way. I don't have to worry about bad hair days. I can have them all of the time and cover it up.

I like hats.
Guess I will always be that way...




5 comments:

  1. Fun post of all the different hats you've wore so well throughout the years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Such great hats, who wouldn’t love them. The plaid one really makes a statement and must have been so much fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like your fox hat!! I know there is a guy who makes hats here in Minnesota...my brother has a coyote hat. I like your wild child hat:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my skunk and fox hat from Wild Things fur locally. I'd love a another fur hat, but will go with the washable fake fur ones as another choice.
      Thanks loved my wild hat too. Not even sure it was a hat. But I loved it!

      Delete
  4. Fox fur is the warmest! ( Wool is warm, but we don't trap sheep..) In he army, the instructors all had fox fur lined gortex uniforms. they looked so sharp and were far warmer than the junk the trainees got. ( fake fur ruffs.) Cute kid photos!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.