Friday, April 20, 2018

Snow! April is Bizarre!




We had quite the unusual storm for April. These are views of the driveway and then scenes from the top of the ridge where the mailbox is.




Charlie didn't mind the snow until it was over his head. Here he is running and playing. He also was under the impression that he could catch a Robin. Or at the very least chase it.

He gave up later when the snow was over his head. I had to make a trail for him to do his business.

Morning came and the new snow added some beauty to the dull landscape.

Sunlight arrives in our valley about an hour after sunrise.

Charlie threw a fit when I got dressed to walk out and explore the morning light. I let him out with me and we got about 30 yards before he squalled about the snow being over his head.
I stuffed him in my coveralls and took a walk.


Home Sweet Home. Everything seemed more brilliant in the fresh snow fall.

Even the 'Ru looked pretty.

I took Charlie back in and went back out to do chores so that Rich could just concentrate on plowing.

I knew there would be a rapid snow melt but Charlie had a vet appointment for his distemper booster and I had to take care of some MIL business in town.

I thought the snow was stunning.

The Plow Man, however, was not impressed.

And the blue birds weren't either.


Charlie though, thought he had a great place to observe the plowing and cleaning of the Subaru.

We lost most of the snow in one day.

I hope to get back from my errands today to observe and enjoy the snow melt and run off into the creek.

It will be in the 50's again today.
I'm going to take my SIL to check out an Assisted Living place in town.

Enjoy your day. Generally this time of the year I am out in the forest photographing these little beauties....


4 comments:

  1. That was a lot of snow. We are supposed to be over 50 tomorrow with 4 days in the 60s this coming week. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the snow that missed us. It is pretty! Poor Charlie but what a trooper. Come summer will he be in a camera bag or backpack:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to purchase a doggie sling bag for him for this summer as well as make or purchase a booster seat for the car. I anticipate many hikes together this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't look at any more snow, no matter how pretty:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.