Friday, June 08, 2012

Mandelbulb 3d ~ Journey to the Center of the Earth

I really enjoy Mandelbulb 3d as you are probably guessing right now.  Every once in a while I come across some parameters that should be shared with other enthusiasts.

Here is what I started with for my 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' Mandelbulb.

Mandelbulb3Dv17{
Y.....S....9/...ET...2....EDA7vVt.Z/.td3UPfBOZ/ERWd4cYPkWzPQSum/a3rvzOvsWcTseV.E
................................T0uLZnRhg.2........Y./.......U.E........7/2...rE
...........2..../M.0/....6kA/...e4...2E0.....Ig7oco7BFnD/.ElGOnDyHJp1dkpXm1....U
z.....kD12../2EmFtRaNanwzcNaNaNaNarDBnAnAnAnYy9............u1....y1...sD...../..
.w1...sD9xYkh.YU5w1VoOhDLl.Bz607E5hmQEjDSztf8F13owfZV/EZ0Sm/zYqIF9g3dXiD7Ab1gYLr
WvH8TKK7d5Pxy8lX.hUKzEnD.....52x..............kD.2....sD/2kz....................
.............ckpXm1...sD....zU/Ss9.isVj.MZ5y0UTSs9.auVj.sg5y0UxSs9ElGOnDi.....x/
.....MEUZz1.....I.kz..Ak.1Ep..9.E....U4...E6....M0...63...U0....J....UG6..EiJJb1
Md3U.yoPxJHEGdZ9....c.......0c..mN5S.6UkKZMxkayj/YqulQA8Sz1...........k.8.kYjd2.
YA72QifFDz1.H0/bvOonz0...........6U0.YnFP/UpfjrwdvgqzQ6Fbf24LNyD..........E..c..
0RH9.Q6Fbf24LNvjZBL9s6JkUz9..........IF6I..VHx0.AfpnSPCqaz1uk5LfQvXwz8ra5DlJDw.E
JEW0zH09r.EMoIRnIlIqzcnJXNw/X0xjw9zUrWWqG.2..c6Uc/UBkM1.3fUWhl2.Z/aJ.IQ3gK8X.g2I
E/kwT6sQL/kIFV2.D0nW846.ZJKO.sXCvV4E.k/6M..VERsUu/.NZd4./xJX7S6.nAHA.EjO5uLO.UQk
r0Ecs3dUU/UeaW8....y3q/.ee0k.1A.IJJBc6..wy5.....................................
E....M.....6....2....A....EEh3aSdtqNU6oPs/UQ..........................k/9.......
...................wz...........saNaNaNKjz1.....................................
................................................................................
.....................A.....3....7....22JZFbQVNpI.w4S.I4.........................
.Q...MU/46U..................U.E...........GVf53iSIoz...................o.2.....
..UH./.......O3E...................../..........................................
................................m....E/....0..../pKMuZaPb/mIp7bN................
............5.U/4M..0MU/................6.2........wz........Y1E.......Ua/2.....
..EC./..........................................................................
................................................I....k....EHZtqNZ7rGjB4O...IjR5.
..........................U/4MU/4M................62./..................2.2.....
...wz.........................................................................zD
...........................................................3....A....AJOZ75Q6Z4P
WJaQo/kPr/...........................MU/4MU/4.................zD........Mz9.....
...wz..........E................................................................
........6.2...................................................../....E/...U/....
TB5QcJaQZZaPq/EOiRKA..........................E1K6..............................
........................kz1........wz0........zD................................
........kz1.....................s/allthenightlong...........................}

The original can be seen on deviantArt, *allthenightlong's artwork called 'Heaven or Hell'.

My first take on that was the following.
My second take... and embarrassed that I didn't save the exact parameters...but oh well, that is how it goes sometimes!
Was this:
I really like this second version the best.

I have to look into rendering the images better and do a bit more research.  I rendered these files differently than in the past.
Here is a sample of the screen shots:
I used a DE stop of 5.
I really don't know why, but I guess I was experimenting a bit.
The render did take nearly 3 hrs.
A long time, but I considered the final image worth letting my laptop churn away while I did something else.

Happy Fractaling!

3 comments:

  1. interesting picture.
    I'll "steal" you the formula and will try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see what you get jorge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of such a thing. I too, prefer the second. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.