Sunday, January 03, 2010

I had a dream...



Last night I had a dream. Strange because usually they are not so vivid that I wake up nearly sobbing or reaching with my arms outstretched.

I was in a strange land and things just were not going right at all. I was lost and there was a huge storm coming.
People were running for shelter. But this was a rural setting and I could hear their radios declaring a tropical hurricane.
[Perhaps I really wanted to be somewhere warm at all costs even in my sleep?]

The sky darkened and rumbled. I felt frantic for some reason and so terribly alone. I heard a noise and ran to a fence that surrounded a small wooded [palm trees?] area. It made no sense that there was a gate there. I knew also that I shouldn't be there, yet had to be.

In a moment of thunder, a ragged mule came charging from the far side of the wooded area. I stood with my heart thumping.
Another came, another came...and then one special mule came.

Badger.

A man came from somewhere behind me and started to yell at me. I wasn't supposed to be near his gate, what was I doing, was I crazy or what?

I flung open the gate and Badger thundered towards me, sliding to a stop. I flung my arms around his neck and suddenly knew...
I'd be safe no matter what.

I hung on for dear life and stuck my face into his neck.
I was safe.
I was safe.
I
was
safe.

[I woke up and looked around. It was dark, I was in bed...and I had this incredibly strong urge to run out and see Badger.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.