Tuesday, July 31, 2007

We interrupt this saga...

To continue with another. I had PT yesterday and then a follow up with Dr L., the surgeon who worked on my shoulder. The long or short of it is, I got a cortisone shot through the front of the shoulder AND Dr. L. said I was NOT to go back to work for at least two more weeks, and at that time we'd address that issue.

He says keyboarding and mousing are not friends to my right shoulder.

My boss had a holy rolling hissy fit when hubby gave him the paperwork. He even went as far as to tell hubby that I did not keyboard or type...I just put stuff in the computer. Hubby reached over the desk and showed boss the keyboard and asked as he shoved he papers into the monitor...so she just shoves papers into this?

He then wanted me to come in and show his wife how to 'do it'. He was mad and was belligerent in front of hubby and two patients! Hmmm, I hear that voice of mine about 6 months ago saying to boss:
Boss you really ought to have a back up to me, someone should learn what I do in case something happens to me.

In reality, the database is not difficult.
Last name:
First name:
DOB:
and so forth. Each portion is filled in and you hit tab to get to the next piece of info to put in.
Most patients are already entered and need only to check the DX and the billing...then push the key that says 'print'.

Of course there is more to it than that. But I rest my case.

Maybe I'll go fishing.
The cortisone shot was not fun. I was in major pain all day yesterday.

But last night, I slept from 9PM to 5AM! No pain meds at all last night after 8PM.
Today makes me feel human again for the first time in sooooo long!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for you to get out from under that butthead doctor! He is such a jerk and you deserve so much better than that.

    Sorry the shot was such a pain (literally and figuratively) but glad you had a good night's rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel, oh yes I want to get out of there so bad.
    Now the surgeon is talking surgery to the elbow! Unhappy face. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.