Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm supposed to be doing Homework

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be writing a 'cover letter' for my classroom assignment or should I say my class on 'Your Career, Make It Happen'. The class was written for people who can not collect more than two thoughts on a piece of paper and for those who cannot organize those two thoughts.

While I admit, it is a good way to get a college credit and comes perfectly timed with a surgery...read here--I am distracted by some discomfort and some pain meds...

I shake my head at our teacher. She insists that it is THE ALL KNOWING... all wonderful cover letter and resume that gets you in the door.
I know that many times...okay almost every job I've ever had except two...it was who you knew.
Of course it really does help to have a good handle on the English language and if you have to go it cold turkey...to have a good resume that someone will not put aside.

But there is no secret formula, no guru, that is going to make or break that interview. It boils down to me and them.
Simple.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:39 AM

    Beautiful mandala!! Jobs seem to walk up to me even if I'm not looking. You have a master of the language so it's gotta be a piece of cake for you. You website should convince anyone that you're a person to hire. I'm still seeing you working a new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:41 AM

    I just butchered that comment. I obviously don't have a mastery of the language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, it is the mastery of BS which helps me most of the time!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.