Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back from the land of owie


Back from the land of 'surgery'. I have an owie and I am being a total wimp -- sort of. Typing stinks and hurts too. My shoulder has been pronounced FIXED! Now for PT, physical therapy. I don't consider it torture but a means to get range of motion and strength back. Although for 2 weeks I am off from work and have to behave at home.

My guard husband is going to make sure of that. Grrr.

My first big adventure was yesterday. I took Morris and the camera and took a walk. Using a rightie camera with a lefty hand is not exactly easy, but I found I could do it.

As for surgery. Dr L was a hoot. Normally this nationally top rated surgeon [he is supposed to be in the top 4 of the nation...how do they tell?]...is strictly all business and straightforward. He actually joked with us before surgery...and pulled a prank on me. Yes, I complain about the length of time I have to wait to see him, but his methods and his precision is well worth it.
He is said he was going to research my case and find an answer as to why I've had 2 frozen shoulders and why I have all the wrist and hand pain.
I believe him.

My progress to me is slow. I feel like I should be running around and riding. When in truth, typing hurts, riding in the car...REALLY hurts, and well let's face it, it has only been 4 days!
My nurses were friends and neighbors. How cool can that be? The anesthesiologist was the best in the world.

I have a couple of stories to relate, but those will have to wait until I can type with a little less pain.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:32 PM

    You git 'er Richard and keep her safe. You must be hard to keep contained. Good pics. I'm proud of you being so strong and taking the doc's orders seriously.

    How about your glucose levels...okay?

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.