Saturday, May 04, 2024

Whispers of Love ~~~

A Botanical Symphony that fills the forest with harmony~~~~


I took advantage of hubby sleeping in late on Wednesday and went for a morning forest jaunt. I was just amazed by the colors and the light.


Maple trees in morning light:




Gooseberry bushes blooming:


Apple Trees doing their beautiful thing:



Mayapples or as we called them May Poles:


Tulips in the yard:


Stunning Trillium on Hay Valley Trail:


Bellwort on Hay Valley Trail:


Truly, I cannot get enough photos of these Virginia Pinks before they disappear!
In the pine forest at Hay Valley Trail:




There were hundreds of Trout Lilies plants, but I only found one that was blossoming!

Hay Valley Trail:

[Other things that are going on at our farm? Not much. 

I built another two summer lots for both the little stud pony and the mules so I can do a bit less mowing. I spent all morning working on fencing and then took the afternoon to work on cleaning up the little flower gardens.

I brushed all the critters with a shedding blade until my arms fell off.]


It is the weekend now so I may take a day just to chill out!


6 comments:

  1. Yes, it is and yes, you may! This is what I miss by never walking in the woods. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful photos. There is something about an early morn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So preeetty! Thanks for taking us along!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Our freezing cold days and super warm days were not in the right order for our apple trees this year. No blossoms. We have an heirloom tree and it is very fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are ahead of us! I love the Spring flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:49 PM

    I do like the textures of spring. My one flowering tree is done now. LD….

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.