Monday, April 08, 2024

Light and Dark and Quiet


 There is always light.
If only we are
brave enough to see it.
If only we are
brave enough to be it.
~~Amanda Gorman


Sunday morning's sunrise was so amazingly beautiful. I dropped what I was doing [making hubby's coffee] and ran out the door in socks.

Charlie and I ran up to the pasture to the north and I just stood there and said OHHHH & AHHHH out loud.
The pony looked at me as if I was from another planet and Charlie sniffed around for interesting things.

I guess I was the only one excited about the amazing colors.


When I got back to the house I notice the clouds coming in from the south west. I had to do a double take as there was a rainbow too!


This has happened more than once so I usually check the skies in both directions. 

I imagine the moisture in the air along with the angle of the sun created the rainbow. I like to tell folks that our pasture must be amazing and full of gold as I've seen this more than once now!

The rains and high winds are preventing me from really going out and looking for other signs of spring. I expect that this week when the weather clears up, I should be able to wander about and look for spring beauties and other wild flowers poking up out of the leaves.

Hubby's daughter and her husband came to see us on Saturday and she cooked an amazing meal. It was to be our Christmas Dinner that we would have had in December but too many people were sick or getting sick.
It got put off until the timetables worked out for everyone involved, which happened to be this weekend.

Today is the big hulabaloo regarding the eclipse. I think we'll have about 75% or up to 85% for the eclipse.
I plan on going to the Reserve and doing a time lapse of one of the ponds. I think it would be interesting to observe all the waterfowl as the sky darkens and then lightens again.

In August of 2017 there was a very partial eclipse here and I was working in the garden and noted that the birds got quiet and the bees stopped what they were doing on the flowers.

Taken in 2017:

I think it will be an interesting couple of hours.
Plus it will be some great quiet time for me after having 3 weekends of visitors in the past month!



11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:30 AM

    That Sunday sunrise was positively gorgeous. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos! Hope you had a good time with the company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rich enjoyed his daughter's visit a LOT!

      Delete
  3. Your sky was absolutely beautiful! We got about 3" of rain yesterday. Badly needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have loved to have that rain! I got lucky with some cloud breaks!

      Delete
  4. We had a 100% eclipse and it was awesome! But our birds never stopped chirping and it was not quiet. Maybe because I live in a neighborhood. And maybe it was because (unplanned) everyone across town cheered when we reached total darkness and I could hear voices from all over the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still, it sounds incredibly awesome!

      Delete
  5. I couldn't do 3 weekends of visitors. Well, I don't know that many people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the visitors were family, but generally we don't have that much activity at all. I am looking forward to some peace and quiet.

      Delete
  6. You captured light, dark and quiet very eloquently!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.