Sunday, April 28, 2024

Ephemeral

 Ephemeral: Lasting for a short time; short lived.


Dutchman's Breeches:
April 24th 
Duck Egg County Park



Rue Anemone 
April 24th 
Duck Egg County Park



Rue Anemone
April 20th 
Our woods


Spring Beauties
April 25th
Our woods
[Sorry, I just can't get enough of
these wild flowers!]


Spring Beauties
Our woods along the trail
April 27th


Blood Root
April 24th
Duck Egg County Park


Trout Lily
Tainter Hollow DNR Land
April 27


Meanwhile in the tree department.

I think the oaks are ahead of themselves this year. They usually are after the maple trees. I was going to go out and take a peak at the oaks and the maples along with some bushes this morning, but it looks like we'll have a long rainy day instead.



7 comments:

  1. Lovely little gems of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a rainy day. I have Dutchman's Breeches growing here. I had not heard of them until I moved here. The flowers are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true! Spring flowers are so quick! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely little flowers. We have a field of anemones near us. When my grands were tiny, I would have photos taken in the field. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:42 PM

    The shots are all so perfect. In the story The Little Prince, the little boy was so sad when he was told that his rose was not special but actually ephemeral. I think seeing them in a quick instance is what makes them all so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Fabulous photos! Love the softness. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! We have rain too and maybe we will get some Spring Flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.