Monday, February 26, 2024

Sunday


The early bird gets the sunrise as the days grow longer. The colors are so amazing in the sky as they change so quickly.


In truth, this past week has felt more like mid March or the beginning of April than the last week of February. A year ago we were recovering from a major ice/snowstorm. This year? It is warm and pleasant.
In the morning I need coveralls to do chores. By midday, I can work outside in a sweatshirt.

I started this job:

Believe me, it will be a long long job to do. But since I can't plant a garden yet, raking, picking up sticks and stones will be a good job for me. It is good mindless work that can be done while listening to the birds and the forest noises.

I took a couple of breaks to go out and search for color in the woods. It is hard this time of the year as everything seems to be dull and lifeless.
Except when you look for Lichen and mosses. Then things get colorful.

During our morning walk Charlie and I found snow and ice on the mosses!



...and by a little after lunch time....




The Lichen was quite beautiful. But one has to pick up sticks or crouch down on a look to find the colors.

On a stick:



Lichen and moss on a log. It was so colorful!


Late Sunday afternoon, I took time to just sit on the porch with Charlie and enjoy the warm sunshine.

Charlie enjoyed it immensely.




It seems as though the ducks are starting to try and behave themselves.

Hmmm. There is one in every crowd.




6 comments:

  1. Great colorful Macros!! It is like a different kingdom. I noticed what little snow we have left resembles sugar particles.

    Charlie is sooo cute worshiping the warmth! Sure does feel good this time of year. It is nice to have clearer skies (and mindset) and see twinkling stars again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always one! At least it's in the row. Those are some lovely photos and one adorable doggo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find on the colors!
    Hi Charlie.... glad you are enjoying backing in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:07 PM

    So glad the ducks are getting in a row! Your photos are gorgeous and Charlie is still a star model. Our next two days should be in the 60s. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:43 PM

    LD.. Your photos are great. The morning colors are so good. I keep taking off layers while I worked out on my roses. I was always the duck that was turned around. That makes the one turned the leader rather being the loser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My ducks look like that too! Charlie is soaking up those rays!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.