Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Ducks


My hikes last week? Abysmal. 

I had absolutely no motivation at all. I didn't even want to cook meals [that's not new though, I hate cooking]. 

I spent the week seriously having doubts about everything in Life. I like to have my Ducks in a row and it seemed like someone went into the duck pond and tossed all of my duckies around and scattered them.

So, I went to the gym and did Mobility Class and then a one on one work out which was intense and exactly what I needed. When I get down and out or anxious about my Ducks [metaphorically speaking], I need to expend great amounts of energy to bring out the endorphins and shut down the Mental Gibberish.

Good friends of mine from a distance have talked with me via email too and I am thankful for their support and lending an ear --- or well, reading. Sometimes a worry isn't such a worry if you share and just get some input. However, we stoic older Midwesterners were taught that you don't share worry or burden others. 
[And then talking with a counselor, that is exactly what she suggests! In tough times, lean on your circle of supporting friends. Who'd a THUNK of that?😛]

Truth is, we are never fully prepared for things that are tossed our way are we? We think we are. Yet, thankfully, I have an incredible son who can speak calming and sensible words to me and show me how to start sorting The Ducks.
























 

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry life's coming at you fast. What you're doing is one of the hardest things to do. I know. Been there. I'm glad you have some people to talk or write with. You're entitled to vent or discuss, however it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is really okay regarding our health, it is just a mix of other things that got tossed in our way and a bunch of decisions that would be nice if none of us ever had to make.
      Being the grown up is hard sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:04 PM

    I hope you have been talking and are on the rebound. You have a lot on your plate and it's good that you can go to the gym and work things off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, did not mean to be dramatic. Things just seem to pile up and then someone has to deal with it all. I just put my head down and have been concentrating on that.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6:04 PM

    I left off my name.....Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't apologize for being human. People want to help. Hurrah for your son stepping in to support you. As I think I said before, I'm a willing ear if you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you are being dramatic at all. Instead, I think you are being real. Life gets heavy at times. Real things happen/ed. Everyone needs an outlet, and some are healthier than others. Sharing is one of them. Your son is amazing and likely knows you better than anyone, and differently than anyone. I am thankful you have him in your inner circle <3

    Not to make light of this ~ but instead to make you smile ~ the instant response that popped into my wee brain was:

    Quack, quack, quack - I am glad Val is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.... even if they don't feel like it. Glad you have a support system. Better days a-comin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told I worry too much. I think I also OverThink things.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad your son is there for you. I am sorry you have to go through this. It is a hard row to hoe and sometimes life just gets overwhelming. I hope things get better and you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we all go through some stuff, it is normal for being alive. So thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:06 PM

    LD.....We can't fix each other's funk but we can sure say we have been there. Sometimes the down feelings feed them selves to make worse down feelings. Having gone to a dark place when in college and did see I had to fight back from a bad decision, life is the better choice. I truly didn't want to fight back. Anyway the Light is a better choice and I am glad you are back. You are valuable to so many people that your really have never really meant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I worry too much and I think that is the basis of most of my 'funks'.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.