Thursday, November 30, 2023

The End of November

Meanwhile in Wisconsin...

We had snow! I even tried to photograph a single snowflake like my friend ---> You know,  like that Aurora gal at equine expressions


All I got was cold because I wasn't acclimated to the weather yet and I didn't have the proper clothes on.

I did however get a comparison photo of a few days before the snow and the day we had snow.



This isn't far from the mailbox and it is the grape vine that I used for making grape jelly.

These grapes are still hanging on. I wonder if they are still so sweet?

The photo below was taken two days before gun season. I was enchanted by the color of the leaves and the gossamer webs that quivered in the morning sun.




I'm still struggling with grasses and photos of intriguing grasses. I didn't go very far after the snowfall on Sunday morning. It was windy and bitter. I hope to get out to the cropland soon and pick some 'weeds' for my fall bouquet.

This was an effort. I guess without practice and failures one doesn't get proficient at certain things. Winter grasses will be on my list. I've never stopped to study them before, but I did find them pretty intriguing as an abstract form.

For some odd reason, I find this photo comforting and pleasing. 


November is nearly done! One more day! So I need to finish up my photo project of finding beautiful things to photograph in November.

Gooseberry bush. 
I took this before hunting season.

Ninebark seed head. It is a pretty bush that has beautiful flowers in the spring. Taken the day before deer season.


Fun with Fungi.
Again taken before I was ousted from the woods for nine days.


My neighbor who has cattle and horses on the ridge bought this guy at a sale and he is the only donkey left in our area. He talks all day and all night. He is a mini. This is the very first time he has been along the pasture that is near our gravel road.



I took the following shots on Sunday after the snowfall. When I walked to the ridge to get the mail, I discovered no vehicle tracks in the fresh snow.
It seems the hunters on the land east of us had decided not to hunt the last day of the season.

Ninebark seed heads with snow caps.


The Queen Anne's Lace can have such a beautiful shape even in the winter. I can see the seeds waiting to be bumped off by a passing animal.



The Queen holds court
waiting
for a passing
touch


For now, I'm going to wave goodbye to November's colors as the snow and cold has turned the landscape into winter.
Indeed, November was full of color that I never noticed before. Fall lingered on and on producing unexpected beauty in places I haven't looked in before.


4 comments:

  1. You found some great things to photograph! November is almost done. WE can still see the grass. It does get frosty every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your beautiful photos. You show me things I've never noticed before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly found some lovely hidden treasures in November!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning series of photos! Look at all the colors you found, at the end of November!! Well done! Blue, Orange, Yellow and all those lovely soft muted shades! The Ninebark seed head taken before deer season is all kinds of awesome.

    Glad you made peace with November :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.