Sunday, September 27, 2020

Hunting colors




These are the colors in the valley as I was walking around during midday. The colors tend to be washed out in the midday sun so they aren't as striking as they would be early morning or late evening.




So, I decided to change things up and use the Infared Camera. What would the fall colors look like in the blasting sunlight?

Well. Hands down.
Simply amazing.

I think the Infrared shot of the pond vs the regular color shot is pretty telling.
One of the more interesting things is seeing light in different colors.
I used the IRChrome filter which actually produces a blue sky and generally will produce white clouds and red foliage.
I figured out how to tweak the orange/red/yellow hues to bring out the differences in the colors of the changing leaves.
Most IR filters will not reflect the subtle color differences in the changing leaves.

Nothing however beats the light at sunrise in color...



After our recent rain and warm days I have gone out to hunt cool tiny fungi and something called slime mold.
I'm a curious person, so I like to find the little things on the forest floor.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty Fall colors especially that last shot! Leaves are falling here like crazy I am off to mulch hope it doesn't rain:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.