Thursday, May 14, 2020

Just for fun


I found these interesting items made out of brass in a box covered with dirt and dust and bird poo while cleaning the shed. The box fell apart and these strange little items were with it.

I cleaned them up with no idea what to do with them at first.

Sell them? Sure, but I am not Ebay savvy and they probably weren't worth my time.
Then yesterday I was trying to save these little Hen and Chicks that didn't seem to be doing so well.


This 'snail' was an ashtray!

How unique.

A teapot...
There is a little Hen 'n Chick inside there, I added the fake little trees for color.


The dragon seemed pleased when I put it all on the spool top I'd saved from a rotted wooden spool.


There is even a Hen 'n Chick in a tea cup.

I'm enjoying arranging and re-arranging these little items as the garden starts to take shape.


The unicorns seem pleased too. I found one occupying the rather ugly experimental fairy house I made out of a peanut butter jar this winter.

At the Hummingbird feeder......



And...then the Rumble!!!





Well, the winner stayed and the loser came back later.

I do have an Oriole feeder about 10 feet from this one.
Never the less, they are fun to watch in the morning and evening when they are busiest.

They are not the clearest shots as I shot them through two doors! But you get the idea.

Thank goodness.
This morning I woke up to find that it had actually rained last night.

Tomorrow is a planned 'Social Distance' Hike with my friend again. We are going to complete the trail we started to explore last week.



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Fun is healthy! Nice to see the orioles! Have fun on the hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had one Oriole today and a Hummingbird! Fun to see them summer must be coming! You put some of your treasures to good and fun use! Hope you have a great hike!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.