Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Continuing...

We remain in self isolation.

Our State Supreme Court tossed out the 'Stay at Home' order and most areas are not enforcing any of the rules that were imposed. Suggesting to use masks are still recommended except by those who have decided that masks are a political statement or some such thing.
Social Distancing was still being respected [with masks] at the two stores I stopped at Sunday morning.

When I stopped for gas, it looked like pre - pandemic era. No masks, everyone milling around inside the gas station, no sneeze guards for the cashiers, no distancing [the place is small], and the general chaos that ensues in these places.
Since I hadn't purchased gas in nearly 4 weeks, I was surprised.

I won't go back to that store unless it is immediately after opening.

Enough of that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







I've been busy as a ... well, an ant!


Seems I am a fence builder. Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon making two more lots for Sven and Lil Richard to keep the grass and weeds in check. Last year I staked them out in those areas but I find that if the goat is in a lot with the pony he is far more content and will eat the thistles and burdock while the pony takes care of the grass.



This is an area behind the little red shed that is a tough one to hand mow. Sometimes I just resort to the weed whacker, but I hope the pony and goat can keep it under control. This isn't a good spot for a lot but it is an area that I hope to find a good use for other than growing grass. It is shady most of the day so it makes a good alternative for Lil Richard and Sven to spend hot days here in the shade!

I had half a mind the other day to just put a wire across the driveway and one around the house and let everyone loose.
We've done that before, I believe that was when gas prices were so high and for whatever the reason the yard had gotten out of hand [I'd had shoulder surgery!]


I just recall that using the equine was a great alternative.

However, having my laundry hung out with a donkey around...well....


That didn't work out so well.


Another gloomy day is in store for us and I can finish up the lot for the pony .. and then work on another section for the mules. We had such a dry early spring that the pastures need more time to recoup from where I let the mules out earlier.




2 comments:

  1. Oh you have buds on an Crab or an apple tree! :) Beautiful. Yes some people just don't get it and I was sad that Wisconsin Supreme Court opened up everything... doesn't make sense to me.
    June 1st is our magic date when most everything will be open...we will stay put for a long time yet. Too many idiots out there that need a kick in the butt or a stint in ICU:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are wild apple trees apparently they grew in the neighbor's woods by accident? I don't know, but the apples are small and wonderful for making apple juice, jelly, and sauce! It has been two years since I've made any.
      Things are open, but like you and FG ... we are not 'open'.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.