Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Monday Night Storms

Monday was a pretty good day.

Of course there was the whole struggle thing of getting Rich to PT, but I set a personal record in CrossFit so I was still pretty happy about that.

Most of the day was spent doing yard work and then as the storms approached, I grabbed the refurbished IR camera and decided to give it a whirl.

Since the storm was slow moving, I thought I'd try out a couple of filters to see what I could come up with.

This one is a bit wild and crazy. Normally this filter would produce a yellowish cast to the foliage when channel swapped, but I took it further.

When the sun disappeared and things started to get dreary, I thought I'd try out the 850nm filter. In filter speak...this filter strictly shoots in black and white with the foliage become white.
I really liked the results even with the poor light.




I love the threatening sky again the white foliage.

So I walked to the south end of the pastures and took another shot back towards the house.


With that done I decided it was time to get inside.

The severe storm was a Watch so I neglected to move the mower and 4 wheeler to the shed.

Silly me. Never believe the weather people.


This happened as the storm blew in. The tree was uprooted and came down.

I worked all day yesterday on 'limbing' it out.


No real damage had been done. But the Grill was killed. The grill needed replacing a long time ago, but ..someone kept limping it along. I guess I am relieved about that.

My argument for getting rid of those older trees on the West side of the house, just got stronger I think.



1 comment:

  1. A storm went through here too, i slept through it but some trees went down by our mailbox:) Now you are a Lumberjill!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.