Saturday, August 03, 2019

Dirt roads

...and out of the way places....




Getting there in the morning is easier now with my new stealth vehicle.


Fog can be seen over the Kickapoo River Valley and building in the dips and tiny valleys in between as the ridge starts to come alive with birdsong.


And then I waited and watched.  Zeke's cabin was quiet. He never gets up early anyway.
On days like this, I envy his view, however during blizzards and cold gusting winds...I
don't.

I turned around like I did yesterday and worked the gears and cruised towards the next high point across the ridge. Those folks that say you don't forget how to ride a bike? They are right. But the near gearing is pretty neat and allows me to get up all but the steepest of the hills.

I was sweating, but I got there in plenty of time to watch the fog start to roll across the ridge top.
According to my clock, the sun had been up for about 5 minutes, however it was hidden behind clouds.


I can't resist a good *purplie* morning. Not when there is fog involved. And from now until November, we should have morning fog off and on.

Someone said I should get a basket put on the bike for Charlie. Even if he doesn't/won't ride in it, it would be handy to carry my tripod and a few other things. I'll have to inquire at the bike shop or look around. I wouldn't mind a rack in back either.
Time will tell.

I think I'll hit some trails tomorrow, my day off from appointments. I'll just make a lunch and pack a back pack.

I'm diggin' the new Stealth Rider.



2 comments:

  1. Great photos! So happy you are enjoying the bike:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:41 AM

    I find the mornings so peaceful. Th quiet and stillness are refreshing to my soul. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.