Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Walk the Dogs


These two really do have fun together. Dixie is the velcro dog which I find pretty funny. She generally will run a small distance to smell good smells and then she is instantly back to check me by touching my hands or knee with her large nose.

Charlie finds her to be a great playmate. And eventually she will give in to his puppyish behavior and wrestle with him.


Charlie takes the tumble, but rolls and gets right back up.


And Sweet Dixie doesn't seem to mind at all.

We headed down to the middle of the creek. I thought that I didn't dress warm enough as I was chilled. So I figured a fast hike would warm me up.

I wanted to grab a few quick shots of the creek. With the skies so dull I could quickly set up a long exposure quickly.


I was looking for ice fingers which I was able to find fairly quickly. These past few days we have broken records for cold temperatures and it shows in the creek.

There was a challenge though in having a little dog who wanted to sit on the very same rock I had my tripod on and a very big DOG that thought any time I squatted down ... she should SIT in my lap.


Here Dixie comes on the lope, leaving Charlie to a good smell. I steadied my camera and stood up just as Dixie poked that huge nose into my face. Oh for the love of a hound.


I set up another shot and fended off the dogs, then put everything away except the pocket camera.


Charlie was unfazed by the ice on his coat. He kept chasing Dixie and they kept playing. I checked to make sure he was warm enough. No...no shivering at all. He wiggled and ran after his Big Gal Pal.


I'd have to take another day this week between appointments and errands to take a solo walk to the creek to find more ice formations.

I sure do love winter and hunting for these little unique formations.



I may have to get out early tomorrow morning to hunt some more up we've had a small record cold spell and it looks like it may break tomorrow afternoon.

Come Saturday I won't be able to take the dogs for a walk for a few days.

It is opening weekend for the 9 day Deer Gun Season.
I am conflicted over these 9 days. Probably because on the one side of my property is many acres of land that is 'invaded' by weekend warriors who dress in orange and look for the BIG Monster Buck. They sometimes lose their sensibilities.
After opening weekend, the landowner disappears and the squatting brother will let anyone hunt who brings him beer.

I am always grateful on the last day when the sun sets and gun season is over.

The dogs and I can walk freely about without being mistaken for deer.




2 comments:

  1. Our deer season ended this past Sunday, I am relieved that it is over...still lots of deer out and about. Looks like Charlie and Dixie are good pals:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right your season is just before ours. I don't mind it except when I know there are a lot of out of town folks hunting the place over from us and they don't know where other homes and properties are.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.