Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Dull Days of November


Welcome to that time of year that things to photograph are utterly ...
un
inspiring.
I call it November Yuck. When things are sort of brownish icky-ish, the weather is cold and windy, or cold and rainy. Or
just
dreary.

The fun of hiking seems to be on hold. Well, that is, unless I can convince some other soul to join me in a walk/hike in the muddy dreary weather.

Charlie is always up for it as is Dixie.
See? Charlie is always happy now to lead the way...and come back when I call him!

Truthfully I do get bored of the sameness of the grey skies and the dull colors of November.

So I sometimes modify it.



Here is a photo of the forest run through an AI program called Deep Dream Generator.

Then there is the meadow photo run through DDG:





During the rain and windstorms on Monday, I went back into JWildfire and composed some fractal flames, then combined them just for fun.



I get tired of the lack of color before winter really sets in. November is a transition time for me. I am coming off the glorious short lived colors of fall and jumping into dark days of winter.
I seem to need a bit more rest these days and my urge to get out and hike is also dulled by the slate grey toned skies.

CrossFit is still going strong. Today I did something called muscle ups along with Calorie Rowing. I did a modified Muscle Up per the coach. I watched Josh do them and was amazed.
These Muscle Ups were things I did easily when I was in High School gymnastics.
So the coach modified my Muscle ups into two steps...

I did something called Ring Rows, they almost seemed too easy and the coach said I did I great job... [I was pretty tickled with that!] I did another thing that was pretty cool. Don't ask me what it was. It was similar to me placing my hands on a high log laying across a trail and sort of pushing myself up and over it.

When I finished those I told him that next time we'd have to make them a bit harder for me.
He smiled and said that he wanted to make sure that I didn't hurt myself doing a new WOD, however any time I felt I needed more of a challenge...just ask.
Oh... WOD. What the heck is that? I looked it up.
Simple.
Workout
of
the Day.


Thursday morning, I am meeting up with a camera club pal and we are going to venture out and take sunrise shots over the Wisconsin River. Well, that may be the plan. If it doesn't pan out, I'll be doing CrossFit.

I spent an hour the other morning in a bow hunting blind a friend of ours put up facing the meadow. I spent an hour this evening out there too.
Deer watching was pretty fun.

I got some really nice photos too.

So I guess my November is not as Dull as I thought it was.
More about the Deer Blind later...


2 comments:

  1. Since the leaves are gone nothing inspires me either...brown and shades of gray...but it snowed this morning so that was worthy of a photo:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is snow predicted for Friday with flurries in between. I did get some time to sit in a blind and watch for deer out in the meadow yesterday. It was pretty fun. I went out early with some coffee and then an hour before dark.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.