Friday, November 16, 2018

We Like Ice!


Ok.
I like ice. I love to walk along the creek and look for these ice formations.

I took Charlie for a long walk yesterday afternoon specifically to look for these little beauties.

We started on the ridge with the warm sun on our backs as we walked on the edge of a large cornfield that was being combined.

That's Charlie walking ahead with his string on. Yes he still wears it. He still darts off on a scent trail once in a while which is what he is supposed to do naturally.
It seems that if he wears it, he feels like he is tethered to me?

I did have to take the string off when we got down into the thick of things. I don't want Charlie to get tangled up when he is log jam climbing.


Here is what the top photo looked like while I was taking the photo. I had to work around Charlie, water, ice, mud, snow, and bad footing.
But it sure was beautiful!


Remember the pup who wouldn't cross the creek? Now he is a dog on a mission. When we get to a real deep spot he is smart and asks for a lift.


He is also a good photo bomber...



We had a wonderful hike and after I cleaned Charlie up he took up a spot on the couch and went instantly to sleep.

Tonight we are supposed to get 4 to 6 inches of snow. It will be good for deer hunters, but I am bummed. I won't be able to go out and play in it.

I convinced Rich that he can indeed sit out if he wishes and hunt. His knee bothers him a lot. But he found a spot close to home that would offer him a good view of things.
I told him I'd sit with him.

The Kenosha Gang will arrive late tonight, so it looks like a busy weekend coming up.

3 comments:

  1. Have a fun weekend! I enjoyed all your icy photos! Charlie's feet must have gotten cold:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Your pictures are incredible. My favorite is the water flowing over the rocks. Something about flowing water is always so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place where the ice formations were...was pretty noisy and the other spot was much quieter. Both were beautiful and thank you so much for the compliment!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.