Thursday, June 14, 2018

Just Mules...

So many times I have been asked why I ride mules.

Huh.
Well. I have 4 mules that I can ride and one that needs starting under saddle.

The real story is that a gazillion years ago I met a man who rode a small mule named Fred. I was riding Cheyanne an Arab-Quarter cross who I loved to death. She and I were a good team.
The man told me that Cheyanne would make a good 'mule momma'.

Anyway. That is how our Rich and my Romance began. A mule named Fred and a grade horse named Cheyanne.
I started commuting to his place and riding with him on his mules.

The rest is history. And Cheyanne produced Sunshine.

And later...
Sundance...

I fell in love with mules and their interesting ways.

I like my red headed half sisters.

I like riding. I've decided that riding is a way of reducing stress and improving mental health.

What can I say?
Here I was on Mica tonight...



So there it is. Mules... summer... evening. Hubby can watch TV and I can have an adventure.

It works.

Just mules. The 4 legged kind not those that need a gas engine.


2 comments:

  1. Mica is indeed a handsome mule. Love these stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How romantic! Some people have special connections with animals...and it is good you can have them and spend the time with them that they need:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.