Friday, August 05, 2016

Guess who is coming to town!


Miss Lily!!!

With a bit of hard work and some juggling of schedules, I will be able to pick Lily up tomorrow in the Dells. 
I'm sort of really kind of...well yes...
excited.

I love all my Grands and wish I could visit with each of them for a week. At the end of Lily's visit, I get to spend some time in Wausau with Elena and Sterling. I can't wait for that either.

Later this month, Dennis will be coming to spend some time at the farm.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to retire and just spend my summers with the kids. Hmm, kids, farm, and seeing state parks. I have that on my list!

Well, in reality, that isn't going to happen, so ....I will muddle through the best way I know how.

I had a bountiful harvest yesterday from the garden! I've never grown sweet corn before as I always figured the wild critters would get it before I could.
But as luck would have it, we have a huge harvest of corn!


And it is delicious! So I grabbed my pails and went to work yesterday in the forenoon to harvest goodies from the garden.
I had some beans, grape tomatoes, some Roma tomatoes, and some Beefeater type tomatoes. I filled a 5 gallon bucket twice with sweet corn.

Of course it was hot and humid. I froze 5 bags of corn on the cob for having this winter. I still had a 5 gallon bag of sweet corn.
So I sent an email to my neighbor telling her that I was having a crisis of too much sweet corn, and the bucket was looking for a home in some tummies.

Her crop hasn't come in yet but I like to share.

She answered that she had a family of expert corn eaters and would be grateful for a bucket of corn.


Here is my harvest which includes onions, zinnias, and peaches from the market in town. I couldn't resist trying to create a 'still life' out of the produce I picked and cleaned.


It looks like another warm humid day in SW Wisconsin. Lots of work to get done!

We had another two inches of rainfall last night. I don't think we are facing any sort of drought this year.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have a great time with Lilly. Love your still life and could not be more jealous of all the rain you are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garden bounty indeed! I recommend a warning shot for the skeeters!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.