Getting a Hoya IR72 filter was something I considered for quite a while. I was pretty sure though that I wouldn't be able to figure out the processing part of it.
With many hours of experimentation, I am getting some fun results.
Some are quite stunning and of course others are quite the flop. The flops go into the digital trash bin and I learn from the mistakes.
I forgot one day and shot in .jpeg, but still was able to get some interesting results.
For the above shot I had to rely on Topaz Adjust tones to help out.
This shot was red and I thought I would not be able to save it in any way.
I did shoot in RAW so was able to work with colors and tones.
Finally, something I could live with. It is still somewhat a 'flop' as it has a slight white area in the middle of the shot.
I think that may have been some reflection on the lens.
With some deft dodging and burning I could have it cleaned up in no time.
My newest thing is to try a long exposure with water. This was a bit trickier because the leaves are turning colors and it makes for a very different result.
However, I like it as an 'almost black and white' shot. The greens are white and the other colors are varies shades of the selenium tone I chose.
Happy Shooting! Fall is here. It is one of the happiest times of the year for me and my cameras.