Sunday, December 23, 2012

The night the toys play...

It seems to occur when you least expect it.  You glance at the Christmas tree as you pass by it in the middle of the night.
Something strikes as not quit right or a bit of odd.  Something is out of place, but you can't put your finger on it.
Morris is curled up on his favorite spot on the couch.  He is in place and sound asleep, head buried in his blanket.

Wait, what's that?
No, that is not right.
Morris's toys are under the tree doing what?...
Surely my eyes are not seeing correctly!

Toys?  Toys!
They are still, but I know, yes I know that I did not put them like that earlier.  I'd put Morris's toys in his tub.

I go into the kitchen and get a drink of water.  I decide to turn off the Christmas tree lights and then go back to bed.

Uh oh.  I rub my eyes frantically.  Now the Christmas Bears seemed to have joined in the fun.  I eye Morris.  He is still sound asleep, or is he?  

I take a close look at everything as I turn out the lights and go back upstairs to bed.

Certainly it seems magic occurs under my tree when I least expect it...coincidence that is happens every year around Christmas?

I find myself humming a Christmas tune as I get back into bed.
This sure is a magical time of the year!

3 comments:

  1. That's what I call beautiful toys! Lucky Morris and GREAT photographs.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a festive good time was had by all! Have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas, Val!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.