Wednesday, June 03, 2009

June 02, 2009


I awoke with a start.
Oh I was tired all right, very tired.
But it was a special morning for me.

It was my 53rd Birthday. I didn't want to get up early, but I had to go to work also...so I dragged on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
I thanked myself for having the foresight to set the coffee maker timer to 4am.

Morris bounced around my feet, he always wakes up happy.
Some days I wished I were a dog!

I poured coffee and peered out the window.
I couldn't see Cheyenne, so I donned my rubber chore boots and opened up the back door. Morris and I went out and walked down the driveway.

Cheyenne was happily munching on grass and showed no signs or intentions of foaling.

So Morris went about his business, doing what male dogs do best~~trying to 'water' every blade of grass in the entire area.

I sat down in the gravel driveway and watched the sun come up while sipping hot coffee.

What a fantastic way to start the day.

When I got home from work and finished my outside chores, the sun was getting low in the horizon.
I was alone again with Morris, my thoughts...and a cup of tea.

I decided to end my day much the same way I started.

I put my arm around Cheyenne's neck...Morris wandered around by my feet and we watched the sun perform a beautiful show as it set on June 2nd.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Would have been a very good day for the mule baby to be born, but it looks like you had a colorful day anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.