Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Spring love...


Spring love...
Originally uploaded by Xena~.
Well there you go, love is in the air with the coming of the robins, bluebirds, and red wing black birds.

Today was cold and blustery. I worked very hard in PT. And am sorry to say that I hurt very much tonite! We started strenghtening exercises and ... ouch. Okay, I know I have to get through that first and it will get better.

Tonite I spoke on the phone with a gent that had lost his wife to cancer in January. He still grieves for her and he needs to ramble on to someone and I dial him up and let him talk. Amazingly enough this is someone I met on a horse board. He is a veteran like my husband and my husband wholly supports my calling 'T' and listening.

T told me tonite to hug the one I love. I have done that. He also told me never to take a loved one for granted...never to pass up an opportunity to say 'I love you'...
Never to pass up an opportunity to give a hug.

And always let your loved one--each day-- know that you love them.

I really listen to my friend. He is wise because he has lost his best friend and wife.

2 comments:

  1. Sage advice from your pal, and how wonderful it is that he has you to talk with. You're an angel, Val. :)

    I'm sorry that you had a rough night with your PT. You know it will all be worth it in the end, but that sure don't make it better when you're going through it, does it? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh as Rich says....Cowgirl up! LOL.
    Yes my pal really needs a friend now, even if it is only by phone.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.