Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Still Life Challenges

Photography

I do enjoy Toy Photography as much as Still Life. I don't have to wait for perfect weather or perfect light. With a little effort and fun, one can create any world they wish too.

I took an on line class to learn and force myself to do Still Life years ago. I was pretty sure I'd hate it, but I also thought it would be an interesting way to spend time learning a new skill. 

I found out that I really did enjoy it. The class I took was in 2014.


I should do some more of this. Still Life is beautiful and always open to any interpretation. 

I don't want to be stuck in any one genre of photography.  I will say that I am not comfortable with Portrait Photography though. Weddings and portraits are tough and I am very uncomfortable with that genre. 

I have done portraits but mostly those just of my grand kids and a few other little ones. Kids are naturals and fun to follow around with a camera.





Maybe it is time to refocus during these cold, wet, and nasty days.  I might  put the toys aside for a little bit or just mix things up more.

My regret is that I didn't pick up any flowers at the store yesterday!

But I did have some time to make an effort at something much different anyway:


Glass Heart 
&
Pearls


Glass Heart
Pearls
Old Silk Rose




Below: Old Thank You Card I made when I was making all of my own cards to send out in the mail. Remember sending things in the mail???
Anyway. 
It is a good challenge on a dreary wet and nasty day!










5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:51 PM

    LD.....Your still life shots are wonderful. I tend to take photos thinking that I have a good one and many times have to crop the heck out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Lovely low key photos. You can always make flowers from pine cones pieces, coffee filters etc. Unlimited possibilities.

    I still enjoy making & mailing cards :)

    Aurora

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.