Sunday, October 01, 2023

I 'yam Twila-wila!



I 'yam going to start at the end and go backwards. I mean why not? Or maybe sort of in the middle.

Sometimes I lose my train of thoughts and they get jumbled around.

Chuck, can I call him Chuck? He prefers Char--lie. Any way, my little pal and I rode in the car together and it worked! I sat on my bed in back and he sat in his car seat up front. 


We went back to the Big Reserve.

Oh wait. I forgot about our day of rest and hunting fungi and slime mold. I wasn't interested in it at all but the Grandma showed me how to sit patiently while she fiddled with her camera thing and explored itty bitty things.



I gotta admit. She's weird. Some of the stuff she looked at was boring. I thought the mule poop next to it was delicious but she only let me have a quick bite.

Anyyy wayz.


We went on a trail called Hay Valley. I don't know what that was but there were a lot of deer smells. A crazy man on a mountain bike came down and around a sharp hill turn and almost ran us over. The Grandma grabbed me and Charlie ran in circles. The man apologized and said he was going too fast. His fault.

Whatever. I got scared.

The rest of the hike/walk/sniff fest was pretty nice except when it seemed to get really hot for Charlie. We had plenty of water breaks and rests. I learned to drink out of a large lid that the Grandma put water in for us. I even shared with Charlie!




Charlie gave the Grandma a signal that he was tired so she picked him up and carried him for a while, especially when we had to go through longer grass. Charlie's legs are very short. But since he is so little, he climbs under logs while I have to jump over.

But I like jumping. The Grandma says I have jumping beans in me. I don't what that means either.


We were so lazy when we got home, we just laid around.

This morning the Grandma said we needed to go for a sunrise walk to take some pretty pictures.


I guess my Mom and Dad really miss me, so I am going to go back home. I hope Charlie lets me come again and visit so I can eat his food, push him around, and lick his ears. Mostly I liked hiking with him. He is so brave and unascared



Dad called me Twila-wila in a post so maybe I 'yam 

Twila-wila
the adventurer-er.




9 comments:

  1. I can tell you have had a good time with Twila and she with you. What a good boy Charlie is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he is a very friendly little dog and he was super polite to Twila who was trying to get him to play. We had a good time. I'm worn out too!

      Delete
  2. It is a great sunrise shot of the two dogs. The singles are good to. Little guy will have to take a long nap after having company. You have beautiful trails to walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he was tired and spent the day sleeping on the couch.

      Delete
  3. Oh, these buddies are going to miss each other when Gramma and Grampa Camp ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Charlie would be happy when Twila left. He is not. I think he misses her!

      Delete
  4. Oh such pretty sunrise photos! What a great adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful silhouette photo! Glad everyone had such a great time. I am sure she will be back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:56 AM

    What a vacation for Twila! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.