Monday, November 16, 2020

Gone Fractaling...

 Fractals, ...



I haven't done Fractal Art for a while now. It used to keep me occupied on those dark winter nights when I'd explore 3 dimensional art and fractal flames along with constructing scenes with wicked sounding formulas.

I have pretty much forgotten some of what I learned while using Mandebulb 3D, JWildfire, and Incendia. JWildfire's creator now has a new program out for creating incredibly beautiful abstracts. I am still using one of the very old programs that was free.

The fractals here today are variations on ones generated by Matthew Hagett. I stopped by Deviant Art and picked up his fractal and modified it.


Deviant Art Links:

Object Permanence by MatthewHagett








In Archeus by MatthewHagett

These are all variaties of his 'In Archeus' formula. In the fractal art world, it is an unwritten rule that a person always credits the original artwork and that they do not just copy it, but change formulas along with colors.





I wish I'd kept up my learning on this program. I used to love trying new things like actually putting objects into the formula and making them appear.

One of my favorites created long ago:


A JWildfire flame fractal:


And let's not forget, an Incendia Fractal!


I've actually sold more Abstract work than any individual photos. 

I think I'll boot up the programs and get back to letting the programs render more art while I am cleaning house or doing chores. Large items for print require a long render time on even powerful computers.

A last ... very frustrating programs that require a huge learning curve. Hint...for those who cannot sleep at night and need to be challenged.

Daz 3D Studio and Bryce. One of my favorites.

Despair:


I never did get the 'how' to work in these two programs, but it sure was fun creating when I did.

I think I'll go Fractal a bit while waiting for the VA CareGiver person to call for a phone interview with Rich and I.

Have a day. 



3 comments:

  1. Fun stuff for you! Stay safe! Snowing here I might have sent it your way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Learning new software is tough if you don't have the grit or persistence. I spent the first part of the Covid Lock down learning Blender and Openshot. I go pretty far in open shot, but Blender is a Pandora's Box! You can do amazing things with it though... if you have the will to grind out the lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried blender for 8a bit and had to give it up. I didn't really get it at all. I've tackled Bryce now twice and made some interesting scenes, but eventually decided that I couldn't spend 8 hrs just trying to 'make' something. The fractals are easier and nothing has to be perfect!
      I never have heard of Openshot, but will take a look at it!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.