Monday, November 09, 2020

Fence War ~ I guess it's a feud.

My 5 little hanging ghosts I'd put out in the forest on Friday afternoon got a HUGE reaction! 

You know little Halloween decorations.

I went back Sunday with some Gnomes to take some Still Life photos and walk with Charlie.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that the person bought 20 brand new yellow Do Not Trespass signs ~ and literally nailed one to nearly every tree around his stand for about 20 yards in either direction.

He also put up a camera on our/his fence line. 

I do not trespass period.
He has owned that land for 15 yrs and made it clear to all of the folks in our area that he would not allow anyone ever on his land.
I have no reason to go there, it is a large corn field and rather boring.

I would call his reaction to my little ghosts a bit over the top...I'll explain in a minute.

I have a trail cam set up next to one of the Halloween decorations. There is a nice photo of a small buck grazing not far from it. So yeah, it didn't bother the wild life at all. 

It was the Huge Purple/Pink Dildo that he strapped to one of the trees that I thought was in poor taste. I almost was offended, but then decided it was probably one of the funniest grossest things I'd ever seen. The guy's trail cam is aimed at the huge dildo strapped to the tree. I suppose he thinks I'd find it so offensive he'd catch me on camera stepping through the fence and removing it.

Tempted to make a sign and put on my side of the fence.

"Is your wife missing this?"

But then I'd stoop to his level. 

I didn't get up close to look at it, but if it is plastic or rubber, the raccoon will have a field day with it. I know, they've chewed up my dolls I had back there for Halloween past decorations.

Odd things happen to items left out in the woods....remember the Teddy Bears at the creek?


So just to be clear, I've decorated that area of my woods before with zombie dolls and skeletons so the neighbor kids could take a long walk and do a Treasure Hunt in that section of woods. 

Well obviously I won't have any Treasure Hunts back there for a long while now. At least until the forest creatures chew up the purple/pink thing.

Also...something I thought very funny. This fellow had to actually make a huge effort to go out and purchase the signs ... then spend a fair amount of time nailing them up.
He had to use a step stool or something as the signs are about 6 ft up...and god knows where he got that offensive huge Purple/Pink Dildo, but he spent a good amount of time NOT hunting.

Here is a view and I smudged the offensive Purply Thing. The flowers are on my side of the fence. 

I'm thinking of my next move.

This is starting to be really quite funny. However, I think my point was taken. 

Don't Shoot on my Land. Recovery yes. 

I am totally bored with this Isolation/Staying at Home situation. So I can have a bit more fun with this. 

Think Blair Witch Project? 

I am very creative. But I won't stoop to offensive behavior. 

Oh...

Here is the Gnome project I was doing!


That is all I have for today!

Have a great day. I'm going to be busy again!




10 comments:

  1. I would check your camera often. What a nasty guy. Take photos of your area just incase there is a kill on your side..it will be evidence:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will and I will continuously move it because I am wily that way. I know how to stay out of his camera range. Thinking of giving him something more to think about. Getting out my witch costume with a black cape and hood and activating his camera to see a hooded hideous creature dancing in front of the purple thingy.
      I also made Stick People which are sooo creepy looking. I'll move them about too.
      I have so many fun little things to do.

      Delete
  2. Your gnomes are really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The large one was designed and hand made for me by a wonderful young mom in Georgia who is a DIL of Rich's Aunt.
      She designs and makes things to supplement their income.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant, do you think he knows he is prime blog fodder? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in his wildest dreams. I thought of posting the photo on the local area FB page. This guy owns 2 businesses in town. But I won't unless he does something really nasty.
      I think he is a bit over the top.

      Delete
  4. My wife LOVED the sign Idea. She laughed and laughed and laughed! I hated "OVER ZEALOUS" property owners. We used to hunt on State land that bordered private, and the land owners would post the Public land to give themselves a buffer! ( Totally illegal, by the way..) You have to wonder where he got the purplepink nasty thing. Sounds like it is a good thing you have a sense of humor. And be careful of your gnomes in case he uses them for "target practice"... Then again, you could do the same thing to his purple tree instrument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if his wife knows he bought it and put it up there! We share a fenceline of about 150 feet. I plan on redoing it this spring. But goodness, he has over 200 acres of his own and leases another 100. You'd think he could find better things to do with his time.
      The gnomes don't stay out there, they are just decorations that I take out and photographed, then return them to the house.
      I thought of posting the photo on FB in our town group. We are a small town and this man owns one grocery store and a Culvers. Well known for being uppity and well just like his purple thing.
      Prefaced something like Local Business Owner -- insert name -- makes a hunting statement!
      I'm thinking of doing what I replied above after I put out some stick people...creepy stick people!

      Delete
  5. People are so angry right now. It is probably best to wait until the offensive object is removed from the tree before inviting children over to play. But I can't wait to hear your tales of your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wouldn't think of having kids go for a hunt there until spring now at least. We are coming up to gun season for deer. Most people are fair hunters and then there are those that shoot at any noise.
      I will set out my new decorations soon and move around some other things.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.