Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Wanderings...

Things are quiet at our place.
The weather was nice yesterday and it will be today too.

Not much going on other than practicing Safe at Home, Stay at Home,...Isolation.

I have gone hiking with Charlie almost each day except during the thunderstorms.

For fun, I took the Infrared camera with me.  I tried a different filter that gave me a different light spectrum range for fun.

Hike around home:




The reddish color is from the greens reflecting light with the 550nm filter.

I've finally gotten a handle on the process since ON1 software added a mode in its Develop section that allows you to pick how the image looks on the LCD of your camera. This means the program will select the white balance I set instead of picking a white balance that the program would like to select.

This makes a huge difference in Infrared Photography and is a great work around.

Kudos for ON1 for doing that and adding a selection for color channel swap.

Yesterday since it was still too wet to do any yard/garden work, I took Charlie for a walk down in Tainter Hollow.


Here is Charlie on the trail which disappears about 1/4 of a mile down stream. I had to wade through downed golden rod and other weeds to continue our hike and on deer trails.

Charlie had a rough go of it with his short legs. He is quite the trooper. I did carry him through the worst of it though.

We enjoyed walking and watching trout.






Aside from getting my mules feet trimmed this week and then I can go another 6 to 8 weeks without having anyone come to the farm.
This is a good thing. The mules need trimming and I need them for foraging for leeks, parsnip, and later on...morels.
Stay safe.
Be well.

Stay at Home.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:19 PM

    Love the cliff picture with the red, and nice you could watch the trout. I haven't been doing well with the stay at home but am doing well with the social distancing. We brought much needed supplies out to my brother yesterday. It was nice visiting and we stayed outside in the sun so not to risk contaminating his house. I've been busy making masks and have been able to order the fabric and elastic locally and do curbside pickup. Unfortunately I also needed thread and so ended up at Walmart. Half the customers wore mask and everyone maintained the new social distance. I showered when I got home and put clean clothes on. I did get 10 more masks done today. I would like to have one for everyone in the building. :). Sorry this got so long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I need to make some masks for myself for going out for groceries later? I'm not sure, the reports are so conflicting on this. What a fantastic thing you are doing. Now it is time to clean out the closet and the basement to find the parts to my sewing machine!

      Delete
  2. Oh the photo of the river bank is beautiful! Dtay safe and do stuff! I think more and more people are wearing masks when going out...what can it hurt? Far Guy wears one in the clinic:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.