Sunday, March 15, 2020

And it was Friday...the 13th...

I went to my regular CrossFit time and was able to write up a warm up for anyone else who happened to show up.


So myself and my friend Bill were the only ones to show up. My membership ends on Monday so I figured this would be my last day in the Wellness Center.

The COVID-19 was splashed in the news everywhere. The amount of people on the other side of the gym was diminished greatly.

Our coach was in the process of renting a place for us. Everyone was excited. Me? Not so much. I told Bill that after this, I was not going to be around 'crowds'. Not so much for myself but I need to keep my husband safe.

I hit Walmart afterward and picked up some fresh lettuce and fruits and some pepper. I saw people with gallons of milk in their carts and signs up with limits on certain goods. The isle for hand sanitizers was barren. I know you can make that stuff fairly easily and I had everything at home in my bag of vet/human first aid things.

I picked up veggie seeds and an extra bag of food for Charlie.
Then I headed for the Kickapoo Valley Reserve.

And we hiked the Wintergreen Trail.
There I am a rare photo thanks to Bill of me after climbing a hillside to 
show Bill one of the ice caves.


Pictures from our hike.
Bottom of fern leaf on the bluff

Infrared shot from the lookout


And of course our pace setter...Charlie...


When I got home I opened my emails.

Banking should be on line or the drive up.
Master Naturalist Class was now cancelled.
All WI schools were cancelled as of Wednesday.
The VA had procedures for appts. Line up to get in the parking lot to get screened. Telehealth.
The nursing homes instituted more severe restrictions.
Local restaurants asked patrons to 'order out' and not eat in.

I spent most of the night awake even though I was tired.

How was our life going to change?
I didn't have to really wonder very much. Things were going to be a crapshoot.

I felt pretty lucky. Spring was coming.
Foraging in the woods would be a wonderful way to get exercise and fresh wild veggies.

~~~~~
And as always. Things are rapidly changing again today, Sunday.
The schools are closed now and won't extend until Wednesday.
A tent is being set up to triage people in the hospital parking lot.

I am done being a part of the madness. I am going to actively become isolated for my husband's sake.

2 comments:

  1. Yes us too. We are trying our best only going out for the Infusion on Thursday. I will order some groceries online to be picked up again on Thursday. Seems like we might be in this for a long haul. My husband is a bit unsettled today...he reads too much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my errand today I am parking the vehicle. Fortunately we can cancel the appointments this week and move them to another month.
      I have so much I can get started on around here...the long haul is correct I think.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.