Monday, September 02, 2019

Unexpected Wonders!



Saturday morning and the sky promised to put on a show...
However...

When I got outside and walked towards the shed to grab my bicycle, I saw a white truck parked in front of my Subaru.
I was all set to have a fit until I read the plates.
Missouri.

No.
Really?
Could it be?

How wonderful! Kristi and her husband Jesse showed up to surprise us with a visit! 




Jesse said that they decided to take off and surprise us. If we weren't home they were prepared to visit our portion of the state anyway.
We rarely travel out of the area for anything ... except doctor's visits now so it was a pretty sure bet we'd be home on the weekend.


And where else but the creek would we hike to?

It was very surprising too as to how chilly it was Saturday. The temperatures never really got up to 70 degrees.

Our evening was filled with laughter as we all sat around the round table and played UNO.  The rules changed with each hand and since we didn't keep a number score it was even more fun.
Rich really enjoyed himself.



Too soon the time came for them to leave. They said next time they would plan better and spend a few days. After all, it is an 8 hour drive one way for a visit.

The boys left me some toys to take hiking with me for 'stories' of adventure in the woods.





And you know I can't resist a good toy adventure!

We promised each other that it wouldn't be three years between visits next time. And the boys cried, they didn't want to leave. And they really like Charlie and would miss him.

Charlie was a superstar. He fetched for the boys and tried to figure out what they wanted to do and sat patiently while they played with his ears and nose and...gave him endless hugs.
.
I said it was a long drive but perhaps I could convince Rich to go. I quipped, 'Oh I suppose I'd need someone to watch Charlie'.
And Jesse said, 'Oh you can't come unless you bring him!'

See?
What an unexpected wonderful surprise.


Today will be more rest and relaxation for Rich while I take out the newly sharpened scythe and make a test run.

This afternoon? Anything goes.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah for unexpected company! Sounds like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:19 PM

    A great surprise and great you and Rich both had FUN. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.