Saturday, September 28, 2019

Buggin

Early mornings are my best times.

This morning I went out and started to 'dead' head the marigolds to keep them blossoming. I picked seeds from the 4 o'clocks and zinnias to have for next year. I clipped most of the yellow cosmos and had gathered enough of their seeds to plant an acre of them.

I nearly put my hand over a bumble bee when plucking marigolds. So I went in and grabbed my camera.


The early morning sunlight highlighted the Bumble! After I downloaded the photos, I noticed the little beetle below the Bumble.

I slowly walked around and looked at the flowers more carefully.


If I am right this butterfly is called a Skipper? I don't know but it was cool. The Skipper stayed there for quite a while and I was able to try more than one angle.

I moved around to the front of the porch and found this interesting tiny bee below a tiny orange marigold.

It was dead, probably killed by a spider?
Hanging by a mere thread.


Bug Drama.

I dig insects.
~~~~~~~
Monday I have to dive back into the billing saga of the utterly discombobulated way the Gundersen and the VA work or don't work together.

Neither entity it seems wants to actually pick up the phone and make real communications.
Gundersen won't recognize disabled veterans right to have emergencies billed to the VA per CMS guidelines. Won't? Can't?
The VA keeps asking for proper billing and paperwork or notes.

And Gundersen just told me last month to just pay them and then I could talk with the VA.

Someone at Gundersen doens't know very well how to handle veteran claims when the veteran is admitted in an emergency. As the gal in billing said, "It is awful hard to do unless we have an authorization number!"
Amazing comment coming from someone who handles billings for such a large health care system.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:18 AM

    Beautiful pictures of the bugs. I noticed the bees are moving very slowly or not at all on my fall sedum. The frost last night didn't help them any I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You had frost! Our mornings have been cool but warmer than normal. We usually have our first frost in the first few days of October.

      Delete
    2. Those photos came out great! Nice lighting 👍.When you talked about dead heading Marigolds it reminded me of some kids in their 20s who used to travel around following the group the Grateful Dead!

      Delete
  2. Great photos! I hear you on the medical drama it seems every day brings some new problem. Good luck with your drama...why is everything so difficult for Veterans...it makes no sense to me:(

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.