Monday, December 11, 2017

Polar Plunging in creeks


Okay, so I didn't strip down and jump into the waters.
Nope, too darned cold for that.

I call this activity "Creek Leaping".
It is an acquired skill set.

I used to do it without a walking stick, but since my good friend Daryl made one for me, I now use it.

Creek Leaping is an art form of its own. You have to be well balanced ~ not in the head though, as who in their right minds would jump from icy rock to rock in the winter? ~
Of course one cannot always leap over a deep section.  Waterproofed boots are a must. Neoprene Muck Boots that are tall, are even better.


I just love how this stream tumbles over the rocks and splashes water above it creating ice formations.

I went to two places along the same creek/stream. The old timers call it Black Bottom. That is the name I will use.


There is so much to see and explore in any weather.  This creek changes with each flash flood. But the beauty is never marred.


There are wonderful little spots to explore and photograph.
Or...just sit and watch for the trout.



I only had about an hour to explore, so I took a quick look around and hurried from interesting spot to spot.


So much to explore.
I do love these cold temperatures!

Another hand item to have is hand warmers and a pair of mitten/gloves.


1 comment:

  1. You have such interesting places to explore. I get a lot of my nature fix from your blogs! Thanks, Val.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.