Thursday, July 30, 2015

On my mind...

Since I last posted there was quite a few things that had been going on.
My work hours have been a bit insane for a part time job, but that isn't very interesting to say the least.

I seem to be either at work, or at home trying to catch up on household duties and farm duties.

I woke up the other morning to some incredible fog.  I decided since it was before sunrise, that I'd go up to the ridge and take some photos.


I really wasn't prepared for the incredible heat and humidity at that time of the morning.

I pulled my Nikon D3200 out of the camera case and used it for a bit, then noticed that the long lens hood was damp.  It was 'sweating' for crying out loud!


I dared to use it several times for a few choice shots, but was careful to make sure that I stuck it back in the case.



I was pleased to get the actual 'break of dawn' shot and felt that was good enough.  I didn't want to ruin my cameras with the humidity so I headed back to the house with a quick stop to 'shoot' the oats as the sun rose.

That evening the humidity broke a bit and Morris and I went out to explore the garden and see the new round bales of hay that had been delivered.


I did the evening chores and Morris came along, panting. He requested some fresh water when I went over by the hydrant and I poured him a small bucketful.
Even Morris was 'done' in by the time chores were finished.

Yesterday our humidity 'broke'.  We had incredibly beautiful weather!

It looks like today is going to be another beauty.  So it looks like yard work is in the works for today, along with a bit of laundry.
Next week looks to be busy as we will be having a visitor next week.


1 comment:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.