Friday, September 10, 2010

Building a Picture~using Photoshop Layers



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Start with a boring photo of a mule at the break of day...the reds in the sunrise turn his coat into silky beautiful colors, enhancing it naturally.

Now the sky is boring and blown out. So I got rid of it.
Still pretty boring right?

So I grabbed a photo with a beautiful sunset from last week.
I cropped and edited this photo to put in sun-rays [how to do that HERE].

Next I overlayed the edited sunset over Badger and erased [using layer mask] the distractions on his chest.

Nice...but now the bottom of the photo looks awful ... blah.
So I inverted the sunset and added it to the bottom of the photo in a seperate layer. Here is how it looks with Badger erased out of it...

Then I flattened it and well...there you go, a picture with a bit of editing, added color and a bit of a 'fantasy' feel to it.

All from a boring morning photo.

2 comments:

  1. Darlene8:56 AM

    I didn't think it was that boring to start with but what you ended up with is absolutlely "blow your mind" stuff! Great work Val.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.