Thursday, July 29, 2010

Take a Walk



The nice thing about living in a rural area on a back road is that if the mood hits you, ...
you can just take off and walk.
You don't need a destination.
You don't need a purpose, nor do you have to dress for the occasion.
You can just go.

...and wander to your heart's desire.

Of course I bring Morris and my camera[s]. You never know what you may run across.

The sunlight filtering through a wild grape leaf...
Field corn starting to form ears...
or perhaps glimpse the Monarch Butterfly...
Today it was the warm sun on my back, the buzz of mosquitoes [too much rain!] and the chirping and songs of birds.

I never heard or saw a vehicle. No cell phones, no computers. Just me and Morris and the crunch of gravel under my feet.

That is the way to take a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.