Friday, July 21, 2023

More Killer Bike Adventures by Siera

I cannot believe it!

Val came walking with a Wild Killer Bicycle! You could see it was wild, it hadn't been groomed in ages!



I tried to warn her by snorting and spinning in our pasture about the dangers of spokes and wheels. But she paid no mind and left it in the grass on the opposite side of the fence. 


Sunshine concurred with me. She trotted away shaking her head but stopped a safe distance away.



"Do you suppose it will eat all of our hay?" She asked. She stared over at the bike and gave it the evil stink eye.

Oh NO! I hadn't thought of that! What if Bicycles EAT hay? Or sweet feed? Or gasp...can crawl under hot wires and and steal our food?

This called for immediate action.



I slowly crept forward and around the pen to come from the Bicycle's backside. Maybe it couldn't see from the back? I inched forward bobbing my head up and down.

I lurched forward and grabbed a mouthful of hay and then spun away ready to kick.

Sunshine followed suit, but she backed away. I suppose that was a smarter thing to do.

The Bicycle didn't move all day. It just lurked and lurked.

Later in the day Val walked over and kicked it. It fell over and we were quite impressed.

"Did you see that?" asked Sunshine, "She is so brave! She can handle that wild thing! Wow."

I was not impressed because later I came by that section of fence and it was back up and it had moved!

My immediate concern was that a Regurgitating Baby Stroller would join it when we weren't looking. 


 



12 comments:

  1. If you think bicycles are bad, try a snowmobile and/or snowmobiler wearing a helmet. It turns your human staff into horse eating monsters. Even when the machine is shut off and they take helmets off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I wear a helmet, but the kids were wearing unicorn bike helmets. Perhaps that set her off!
      Yeah, I can see that!
      Once I freaked out all the mules by wearing a floor length dress! Omg! No legs!😲

      Delete
  2. Oh the bicycle adventures that your girls are going to have!
    The mare I have in for a date with Beamer thinks pallets leaning against the side of the barn are Evil Monsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I bet they are! Something Evil just lurks there! :)

      Delete
  3. I like your recreation of what they were thinking. Animals can have the strangest reactions to things that they are not familiar. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True they sure can. They also perceive things different than we do.

      Delete
  4. So funny! I bet they were really stumped by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Maybe a stroller or a tricycle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my friend will lend me her stroller, but since she was terrified of it 7 years ago with just a stroller in the yard ... I doubt things will have changed!

      Delete
  6. LOL!!! How muddy were you from riding the bike? Poor bike needs a bath and maybe a massage, looks like it worked really really hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was an old dirty bike from inside the shed that had sat for years!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.