Sunday, July 23, 2023

Meanwhile

The Yard Superintendent watches from his comfy spot...


The shaded part of the yard puts on a show.
Another Clearwing Hummingbird Moth.
Pink
 

Pinks...


More Pink!

Beautiful shade and light on a Poppy Flower.


More pretty 'stuff'...

A Pink Poppy...

I am enjoying the variety of flowers that the wildflower [shady mixture] has given me this year. On the other side of these flowers there is a riot of Nasturtiums.

I'm really happy I planted these this year and kept up with watering them. Each day the variety and colors change which delights me and the bees to no end!

Today is a stay home and read a book day. It looks like the weather is going to turn hot and terribly muggy.

It means my routine of doing chore things will be dawn and dusk again. With the second rainfall in a week, it looks like the grass is greening and could need a mowing!
Interesting! 

The last time we mowed was July 1st and it was just to chop weeds. I have half a notion to let my mule girls do the job for me.


6 comments:

  1. U saw Hummingbird Moth this morning! I wish I had my camera. He was very pretty. Thought he was bumblebee t first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:22 PM

    I was told, a long time ago, that if a Hummingbird Moth comes to your yard it means you have fairies nearby.
    Stay Cool,
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty flowers, your photos are excellent! That Moth is a beauty! Stay cool...we are getting warmer here and the smoke is back again:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the smoke is here again too. I see it is worse to the North. :(

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the pretties! Hahaha Charlie in the hammock too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love pretties!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.