Saturday, November 30, 2019

Just wicked weather

Wednesday was neat we had a snowstorm of sorts and I spent the day just cleaning the house and rearranging things. I don't have a big house so it didn't take all day.
Charlie and I took a small walk around the pastures early and to the creek just to look around. I am always amazed by how green it is in the creek bottom.


Note that Charlie is wearing his 'beeper' collar. He is an avid rabbit hunter
and a demon on squirrels and deer tracks. Well,
he thinks he is. He does still once in a while
catch a luscious scent and take off on the
run.
However one beep distracts him and he races back to 
me.

Thursday was quiet also.

I prepped the lasagna and then started thinking about redecorating for Christmas. I gathered my sticks together and did some experiments with glue and Epsom salts.


Epsom salt and glue on 
a grape vine twist.

Dried Espom salt on a branch.

The real deal. Ice on branches in the woods!

It was messy, but it kept me occupied.

Yesterday morning after chores I decided to take Charlie up the road for a walk and to gather the mail. I dressed in orange and that awful safety green/yellow vest I have. I was staying on the road and I didn't expect the city boy hunters to be out as early as I was.

Charlie on rabbit track. 
He is zoned in.
My neighbor's field corn.
It has not been a good year for 
farmers.

The weather has been relentless. I had to move Little Richard from his pen to a stall inside as there was not a dry spot in his paddock to be had. He was standing with two hooves crowded into a large feed pan when I went to get him.
Make no doubt about it. He is loving the accommodations.


The photo above is the view from the porch. Rain/snow/sleet/freezing rain, and then rinse and repeat. The mules have done well as they have places that are in the woods out of the wind and where the ground is solid.
I have been taking their hay to the round bale feeders to keep them from stomping it into the ground.

Normally I would be out in this weather, but I've seen a few hunters across the way and have heard shooting even in this crap weather. 

I decided to spend the rest of the day deciding how to decorate.

This year there is no tree. This year there is no Christmas Chair. I've decided to see what I can come up with that is not the same as what has been done before.

Out came the old wood boxes, the little nesting box, toys...stuffed toys, beads, fairy lights...and ribbons. 

I needed to occupy myself on such a dreary ugly day. Charlie supervised when he wasn't napping.


Stay tuned for my crazy new ideas for decorating. As always, it is a constant work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Charlie is so cute! He makes me smile! Thank you for that! The weather is wicked here and it might be going your way.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wicked! Wet and then rain and sleet, them temperature changes and then snow.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.