Thursday, November 07, 2019

Deep Freeze

I like/dislike the deep freeze.

This morning it is 9 degrees out. What a change from yesterday. I know the temperature will drop a bit when the sun hits the horizon.

[Hooray! My neighbor woke me up plowing our driveway this morning! Looks like I'll be doing the cleanup this afternoon with the skid steer.]

However.
Yesterday was full of adventure. I took advantage of the 'snow' day to take more than one walk.
I went early while it was still snowing, down to the creek and enjoyed some quiet time next to the creek.

I only found two tracks where deer had moved. They normally stay put in a sheltered spot until the storm is over.





With this frigid cold snap the grasses along the creek will form ice fingers as the water splashes and freezes on them. Roots, branches, grasses, all form beautiful little fingers of ice.

If all goes well, I'll have to go out and see if I can find more developed ones!

I need to dig around in my husband's bib coveralls and see if I can't find a pair for my neighbor who must have been freezing his tush off this morning while plowing.
I thought he'd like to try them to see if they are something he'd wear while out on his tractor during these frigid days.

Rich doesn't use any of his anymore and he has several pairs. Uh...oh. That means I'll be sort of cleaning up and organizing in the basement too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.