Thursday, May 04, 2017

Morning Lights

Well first there was a pretty nice sunset last night.
It seems that it has been forever since we had sunlight!

This morning it was chilly but I walked out the the Merry Meadow to watch the sun come through the trees and shine down into our little valley.

I was pretty surprised at the amount of moisture in the air and the heavy dew.

I shouldn't have been. It was warm yesterday and the temps cooled off overnight. The morning sun quickly burned off the haze over the forest.


I love it when the trees just start to get their leaves. My husband says it is like fall in the reverse.


And the sun broke through the forest. As you can see, the undergrowth has really spurted up with all the rain we've had. Trimming along the electric fence in the Meadow will be quite the job this year.




The wild apple and cherry trees are starting to bloom. These are very old trees so instead of the wonderful blossoms we used to have years ago where the whole meadow was adorned with flowers...just a few trees have partial areas of blossoms.

The dew was quite heavy as I said and lent a wild reflection of light on all the grasses.



The Yellow Rocket seem to be doing just fine.


Update on 15. Well, she isn't as 'ready to ride' as she was presented to be, but that is no surprise and we always start a new animal out with the basics anyway.

Yesterday afternoon I took time off from other work and worked the curry comb and the shedding blade on the riding mules.

It looked as though someone had shaved a multitude of colored mules!

Today's work?
Fencing the forest pasture for the Dexters.

I do have my work cut out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.